You use the 2.2.x manual with 2.1.x karaf bundle.

Upgrade to 2.3.x and it should work.

Regards
JB

On 06/02/2014 08:26 AM, SapnaB wrote:
Hi JB,

I used maven 3.2.1 (mvn archetype:create) to create the command bundle.
Im usign Karaf 2.3.2 and the manual Im referring to is :

http://karaf.apache.org/manual/latest-2.2.x/developers-guide/extending-console.html

The maven dependency to karaf shell console is as below:
<dependency>
       <groupId>org.apache.karaf.shell</groupId>
       <artifactId>org.apache.karaf.shell.console</artifactId>
       <version>2.2.11</version>
     </dependency>

I guess I need to find out where the dependency to
org.apache.*felix*.karaf.shell.console is coming from.

Regards,
Sapna