Hi Guillaume,

I guess you mean default karaf/karaf.

Why not doing a kind of "unix" like bootstrap like the root user: we can consider the karaf user as the root user, so mandatory. Why not defining an empty password by default and at bootstrap, if the password is empty (when starting with bin/karaf), prompt for a password.

I would propose two steps:
- first to "fix" the security hole, comment the key and document how to enable/change it (it will be included in next releases) - second, we provide the ssh:key-gen/key-add and passwd commands/MBeans operations + the prompt of password if the karaf password is empty.

WDYT ?

Regards
JB