I also have "Introducing OSGi and Karaf", and "Karaf for the enterprise".

Regards
JB

On 09/14/2015 11:13 AM, Milen Dyankov wrote:
You have 2 steps presentation then ;)

*what OSGi is *

Bundle resolving lifecycle, requirements and capabilities, service
registry, whiteboard pattern, config admin, ... Basically those things that
make OSGi unique. If you wish to compare with microservices you may have a
look at
http://www.slideshare.net/MilenDyankov1/liferay7-microservices4enterprise
It's not state of the art deck but may give some ideas.

*how Karaf can simplify the life  *

Definitely features. Both form "easy to install applications with complex
dependency graphs" and "easy to create your own features" perspective. I
would also mention instances and perhaps clustering with cellar. Obviously
the console and the fact that you can ssh directly inside you application
(even though you can do that with plain Felix/Equinox too) and script
things.

Best,
Milen

On Sun, Sep 13, 2015 at 9:44 PM, Christian Schneider <