There appear to be standardized Jax-RS annotations to support compression via interceptors [1].

As Jax-RS impls, I would expect that interceptors would be supported by either Jersey or CXF of appropriate version, but have not tested either impl.

Scott

[1] https://jersey.java.net/documentation/latest/filters-and-interceptors.html