Fwiw, I've just fixed CXF-7078 which should allow the cxf jms transport to
use the JMS 2.0 api.
I think the best solution would be to have a JMS API bundle that exports
the javax.jms package in versions 1.1 and 2.0 at the same time.
Something along the following bundle:

wrap:mvn:org.apache.geronimo.specs/geronimo-jms_2.0_spec/1.0-alpha-2$overwrite=merge&Export-Package=javax.jms;uses:=javax.transaction.xa;version=1.1,javax.jms;uses:=javax.transaction.xa;version=2.0

I think maybe the geronimo spec jar could export both versions directly.
This may be sufficient to fix all problems, if the various features
reference the jms api with the dependency="true" flag to allow our fixed
bundle to be used instead.

--
Guillaume Nodet

Email: gno...@redhat.com