Hello

> Thanks for the update Grzegorz.
>
> I saw your changes, I'm not rebasing my branch and moving forward on this
> one.
>
> For PAX CDI, I would add a version range in the features <repository/>. I
> can help on this & release.

Currently PAX-CDI doesn't have any <repository> link to pax-web. And to be
honest, I'd like to avoid having version ranges in <features>/<repository>
- I had one in CXF → PAX-CDI and ended with two pax-cdi feature
repositories in my custom Karaf distro...

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek

> Regards
> JB
>

> On 19/02/2018 07:56, Grzegorz Grzybek wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> I'm glad to hear about 4.2.0.GA!
>>
>>  From my side - I've committed the changes I planned to pax-web 7.x and
>> 8.x
>> (master) - some interfaces changed and it could be done at major increase.
>> Also, latest pax-web snapshots (6.0.10-SNAPSHOT, 6.1.2-SNAPSHOT,
>> 7.0.0-SNAPSHOT and 8.0.0-SNAPSHOT) *now* depend on pax-cdi 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT
>> (and partially vice versa - pax-cdi depends on pax-web 6.1.2-SNAPSHOT)
>> because of some changes related to CDI in (pax-)web environments.
>>
>> Before Karaf 4.2.0.GA, I'd like to have pax-cdi 1.0.0.GA released (or at
>> least 1.0.0.RC3) with dependency on pax-web 6.0.10 (without explicit
>> <features>/<repository> tying to any particular version of pax-web).
>>
>> best regards
>> Grzegorz Grzybek

>> Hi guys,
>>>
>>> After 4.2.0.M1 & 4.2.0.M2, I think it's time to do the first 4.2.0 GA.
>>>
>>> I have three actions on the way:
>>>
>>> 1. Upgrade to Pax Web 7 with Jetty 9.4 support. I started Pax Web/Jetty
>>> part on
>>> a local branch. I hope to have something this week around that. It takes
>>> little bit of time because the Jetty API slightly changed (as usual).
>>> This
>>> point
>>> is a blocker and 4.2.0 needs it. If you think it's worth to have a
>>> 4.2.0.M3 with
>>> this update, please let me know.
>>> 2. Merge karaf-docker feature branch. It's something that we discussed
>>> days ago.
>>> I updated and cleanup the code for donation. Not blocker but good to
>>> have.
>>> 3. Merge examples branch. In order to allow users to easily start with
>>> Karaf,
>>> François and I are working on a set of examples
>>> (https://github.com/jbonofre/karaf/tree/DEV_GUIDE/examples). The idea is
>>> include those examples in the Karaf distribution, linked them in the
>>> developer
>>> guide. At the end, I would like to add itests using these examples as
>>> well,
>>> allowing us to detect regression. Again not a blocker, but good to have.
>>> Please,
>>> let me know what you are thinking about the examples. Some examples are
>>> in
>>> development (take a look in the examples pom.xml for the list of