On 15/01/2020 16:25, Benjamin Graf wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm actually playing around with the latest 4.3.0-SNAPSHOT. I recognize
> that the ssh bundle is using bouncycastle for reading pem files right
> now (KARAF-6383). The "issue" I'm facing is that if I like to set
> bouncycastle as the security provider via
> "org.apache.karaf.security.providers =
> org.bouncycastle.jce.provider.BouncyCastleProvider" I have to distribute
> the same bundle twice or otherwise have to remove it from system and add
> needed packages to "org.osgi.framework.bootdelegation".
>
> Anybody seeing a better solution?

Not sure, but in OpenDaylight we have two fragment bundles which attach
to framework bundle and expose all of BouncyCastle to OSGi:

https://github.com/opendaylight/odlparent/tree/master/karaf/bcpkix-framework-ext
https://github.com/opendaylight/odlparent/tree/master/karaf/bcprov-framework-ext

perhaps these should be upstreamed (but then we upgrade BC much more
quickly than we upgrade Karaf).

Regards,
Robert