Just to clarify: this is not a showstopper for me (therefore my +1)
Our distribution process runs a license checker and that noticed the extra jar.
We excluded it from being packaged and everything is fine.
I also expect that other users due the same due diligence.

The file does have the CDDL 1.0+GPL2 license.
This is however not mentioned in
https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/NOTICE or
https://github.com/apache/karaf/blob/master/LICENSE
This fact may be a showstopper for some people.

Fabian