Great work !

As said on Slack, I started the build/tests/integration, so far so good.

Thanks again!

Regards
JB

On 31/08/2021 08:41, Grzegorz Grzybek wrote:
Hello

I'd like to present the state of Pax Web 8. I hope to release Pax Web
8.0.0.GA in mid-September.

I maintain a todo.txt[1] file where I present the issues I'd like to
implement in given milestones.

The priority is to have R7 compliance, though without running the TCK[2],
because I didn't have time to find out an easy way to actually run the TCK
:) However I'm glad it's public now.

So summarizing, these R7 features were implemented recently:
  - Whiteboard preprocessors
  - RegEx filter mapping
  - Listener ordering according to ranking
  - Session per OsgiContextModel / OsgiServletContext (including proper
javax.servlet.context.tempdir handling)
  - org.osgi.framework.ServiceObjects and proper service management (unget,
prototype, singleton, bundle scopes)

Also I've implemented (or ensured the stability and consistency between
Jetty, Tomcat and Undertow) for these:
  - Whiteboard WebSockets - they work both through WABs, Whiteboard and even
WebContainer (HttpService)
  - Karaf integration tests - all tests work for all three runtimes. In Pax
Web 7 the tests were running mostly on Jetty

The remaining *two* tasks are:
  - Mixing (in different order) WAB and Whiteboard contexts, so we can
install a WAB and Whiteboard/HttpService alter it by registering for
example Preprocessors
  - Whiteboard DTOs

kind regards
Grzegorz Grzybek