Hello

I'll try to comment in general topic a bit later, but for now, one inline
response (below):

niedz., 9 cze 2024 o 20:45 Matt Pavlovich <mattr...@gmail.com> napisał(a):

> I think this summarizes a core maintenance issue with pax+karaf today
>
> > I am not sure how many people travel between PAX and Karaf and vice
> versa, but lets be honest - contribution criteria for PAX is lower than for
> Karaf.
>
> I suggest we take a look at migrating pax-* (pax-logging. pax-url,
> pax-web, etc) into karaf for a couple of practical benefits (perhaps for
> Karaf 4.5?):

We had such discussion in 2022:
https://lists.apache.org/thread/7oc4opjbplxps9gt8jnr5lxlmtwx0lzh

Some time ago, I've moved OPS4J Jira issues to GitHub and I think it
improved the release process and community feedback greatly (much easier to
create issues and link them with commits).
I don't want to sound like an "owner" of Pax Web or Pax Logging, because I
only maintain great projects standing on the shoulders of giants.

> 1. Less repositories to manage and preform releases
> 2. Artifacts (jars, configs, services) are less confusing to users (ie.
> org.apache.karaf.web makes more sense vs org.ops4j.pax.web .. etc)
>
> This would also give us an opportunity to see how this gels before
> finalizing what is supported in Karaf 5 (jetty, tomcat, etc).

Pax Web and Pax Logging would be direct "competitor" to Felix Web and Felix
Log and I'm not sure it's good for ASF... But I'm just a plain and simple
code maintainer ;)

regards
Grzegorz Grzybek