How about some fine grained control over what metric people/projects want to
collect and display?

Supposing Kibble collects data on 100 different metrics , how about you do not
turn on and collect and display all 100, but rather a common subset, the rest
can be turned on/off at will.

Obviously the’100’ metrics should be configurable in terms of what data is
searched for and collected, in addition to what is displayed.
  To expand the previous sentence - if someone fine tunes a metric to only
display last last n posts by people alb,c from list X, then perhaps make it so
that only that data asked for is collected. (rather than fetch 1000 posts when
only 6 are required for display)

Gav…