On 2023-07-10 22:02, sharanf wrote:
Hi All

When we separated out the repos into Kibble-1 and Kibble the plan was to start again from scratch. Some work was done in the new Kibble repo but that has been stalled for quite a while. I know Daniel has some ideas for either kickstarting some new work but that could mean clearing down the Kibble repo once again.

We don't have a working version on things in the Kibble repo as its Kibble-1 that is the working version. I've also seen that we are getting some PRs Inlcuding this one (https://github.com/apache/kibble/pull/17) coming through on the Kibble repo that are more documentation focussed changes.

So I'd like to discuss whether we continue to merge these PRs or decide to clear the Kibble repo down and begin again.

What do people think?

I think, if the aim is to sort of start afresh, perhaps the best compromise there is to move the current main branch to the side (rename it, keep its history) and make a new main branch from scratch.

And yeah, I do have some WIP stuff that grabs ideas and prototypes from both old and newer kibble code, I should polish it up and commit, when time allows :)

Thanks
Sharan