Hi All

It's been a while since we talked about what our product roadmap is. Initially we talked about doing a complete re-structure and re-write of the codebase but to do that we need to have some ideas and plan to put into action. Without those we are limited in what we can communicate about what we want to do. And people who want to help are not sure where can do anything. If we want to improve project activity then we need to make it clear what we're doing and when, and how people can help.

There are a few things to consider

 * the new Kibble repo is empty but we have the Kibble-1 repo that is
   still being used to collect and report all the ASF projects that are
   setup
 * people that want to try out Kibble have to be pointed to the
   Kibble-1 repo (so that shows something in our documentation /
   communication about the current state of the project needs some work)
 * we've been a TLP for 6 years and not yet made a release

So if we have existing users (as our demo is actually real data for the projects) so why not make it easier for them to use what they already have access to. Lack of good clear documentation has been an issue highlighted for many projects - so I think we need to focus on tidying up ours. I should have some time from mid to late March to start the documentation review and tidy up.

I think we could also be a bit more responsive to any queries we get - we've had the case when people have forked the Kibble repo and asked questions but it's taken a bit of time to get a response. We just need to be more aware of any activity coming in and try to get some initial feedback out.

The question of getting a release out is something I'd like to work on to try and get done - so that we don't have to flag in our reports that we haven't yet done one.

These are the main things that I see that could help us improve project activity - plus hopefully grow the community.

Please feel free to add any thoughts, comments or general feedback to any of the points I've mentioned.

Thanks
Sharan