The Apache Knox community is proud to announce the availability of our
0.5.0 release! A significant amount of work has gone into this release with
80+ bug fixes, improvements and a number of important new features.

One of the most notable features of this release is the HDFS HA support.
This enables the consumption of the webhdfs API in clusters with HDFS HA
enabled. This has been a feature that has been desired by the community at
large and we are happy to deliver it in this release.

Support for the YARN Resource Manager API exposes the first Hadoop 2.x
specific API to consumers and enables monitoring and management of
application resources running on YARN.

Apache Knox is growing into a powerful component for extending access to
the API of the modern data architecture!