All -

I have made a pass through all of the open JIRAs that are marked for 0.14.0
and moved out obvious candidates that are unlikely to have patches in the
next week or so and were not explicitly part of the release KIPs.

If there were any moved out that you feel strongly about and can commit to
getting a patch in within the next few days then please feel free to pull
them back in with some justification.

We still have 25 outstanding JIRAs which is too many to be able to close
down in a week given our current closedown rate. I will need to make
another pass to descope.

I have asked for status on a few JIRAs and a number of actual patches that
need revisions and folks haven't responded. I will need to move these out
as we are reaching the end of Knoxtober which is the target date for 0.14.0
or 1.0.0.

The one main patch for 1.0.0 is the repackaging of all of our classes to
get away from packages with the name hadoop in them. KNOX-998 is the JIRA
tracking this work. We will need to make a decision on merging the feature
branch for KNOX-998 into master in the next couple days. It may be a good
idea to try out that branch in your environments to make sure that it works
for you. Assuming we get this branch merged, I will propose that the
release move forward as 1.0.0.

thanks,

--larry