Hi Colm -

KNOX-1066 is not a code related patch, it actually details what existing
clients need to do in order to work going through Knox.
We will be looking at whether and/or how to incorporate it into the
existing docs for SOLR.

As for Maven, our release process has the publishing of maven artifacts as
part of publishing the actual release not for VOTEs.
Interesting that others are do this earlier.

Do you think this would greatly simplify the RC testing?
I wouldn't imagine many were consuming Knox artifacts as dependencies quite
yet.
I can see the client stuff in KnoxShell maybe.

At any rate, the maven publishing is currently done once a RC passes the
VOTE.

thanks,

--larry