+1 for PRs.

My two cents on Kevin's list:
- PR template is a good idea; Ambari also has one here:
https://github.com/apache/ambari/blob/trunk/.github/PULL_REQUEST_TEMPLATE.md
  It would also be great if test steps are described in a detailed manner
(it helped me many times in case I had to reproduce something months after
the PR was merged)

- comments on the PR: in case of Ambari they go to the 'Worklog' tab in the
corresponding JIRA, which - IMO - was better than put all of these stuff
within the comments; it gave us a clear separation and did not spam the
comments in the JIRA where other useful information may be found (i.e. a
design history, open point clarification, etc...). Not to mention that the
worklogs contain many information

- link the PRs to the JIRA automatically is essential IMO; thanks for
pointing that out Kevin!

- I'm not sure if it is feasible (currently does not seem to be the case)
but it would be great if contributors could invite others for review (i.e.
not only committers)

- Apache has a Jenkins instance to run CI checks on its projects (Ambari
sample: https://builds.apache.org/job/Ambari-Github-PullRequest-Builder/).
Since Knox already has some jobs here (for instance
https://builds.apache.org/job/Knox-master-daily/) we might consider
creating Knox's PR Builder here too (so that all of our CI related jobs
would be in one place). If that happened we might get rid of the
'Knox-master-daily' job since it being executed after a commit is merged
into master (AFAIK) which makes no sense if we only allow a commit to be
merged if all tests were successfully passed already

Cheers,
Sandor