Thanks for collecting this comprehensive list of improvements. Many of
these things have been on the “wish list” for a while now, and it would be
great to get them done.

I’ll see if I can write up some KIP content and/or one-pagers to propose
some details for some of this work. Then we can discuss in more detail, and
define some specific tasks/Jira issues.

I think shooting for a release mid-April is a good goal, even if we can’t
complete the list exhaustively.

Thanks again,
    Phil