On Mon, 2022-12-05 at 11:53 -0500, larry mccay wrote:

> > Hi Oleg -
> >
> > Happy to see Bearer Tokens coming in as a first class auth scheme.
> >
> > Can you be a bit clearer on continued support for SPNEGO and
> > KERBEROS
> > going forward for those still using them?
> > Disabling them by default means that we will need to explicitly
> > enable
> > them?
> > Deprecating them means that you plan to remove them completely?
> >
> > thanks!
> >
> > --larry

Hi Larry

According to Michael, who is the only developer with Kerberos expertise
in our project, SPNEGO / Kerberos auth schemes in all versions of
HttpClient are irreparably broken.

Those auth modules have already been marked experimental in the 5.x
code line. In the long run we cannot ship features we are not able to
properly support. The plan is to disable and deprecate them in 5.3 and
remove them entirely in 6.0 (if it ever happens). One would need to
explicitly enable those auth schemes as of 5.3 in order to continue
using them.

Oleg