Hey folks,

I'm wrapping up the creation of 1.1.0 RC0 in the next few minutes. I
noticed during my review of the branch that there are still a few items
missing on the release notes (eg the wire compatibility section just says
'XXX').

Rather than delay the vote to finish these up, I'd like to suggest that we
build an RC0 as is (with the work-in-progress rel notes) and people can
start their testing/voting/etc. Then we can finish up the rel notes and any
other doc changes in parallel and do an abbreviated "re-vote" on an RC1
incorporating these changes. We can easily verify that the two RCs are
identical modulo the docs/ directory so we shouldn't need to re-build or
re-test for this RC1.

I propose we keep the normal 72-hour total voting period across both RCs,
but that everyone be required to "propagate" their vote to RC1 when it is
available. For example, I'll send out RC0 for vote this afternoon, then
send out RC1 within 36 hours. We'd still close the vote 72 hours after RC0
was made available (Thurs afternoon). Does that sound acceptable?

-Todd

--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera