Ha, neat, thanks for posting this, Tim. It's a nice proof of concept.

I was imagining that we would try to implement the downloading part as a
Maven plugin, but maybe it could work to try to download the artifacts at
runtime with a JUnit test. Do you think we could cache the artifacts
somewhere, maybe in the Maven repo somehow, so we don't have to download
the artifact every time we want to use it? I was hoping to simply be able
to ship a tarball or a jar of the binaries separately from the test
framework code.

Mike