Hi Kudu Developers,

Now that we have complete Java based testing utilities there is a less
reason to have all of the Kudu integrations the
Kudu repository. Instead they can be built and tested in the integration
repositories. The Apache NiFi and Apache Hive integrations
are a good example of this. We have also seen less development and usage of
the Apache Flume integration over time. Because of this, I would like to
propose removing the Flume integration from the Kudu project. And, if there
is interest, moving it to the Flume project going forward.

I had considered if we should deprecate the integration first, but I don't
think that is required given the already released versions will continue to
work with newer Kudu releases and if there is interest, the integration
will live on the the Flume repository.

What do you think? If folks agree, I am happy to follow through on the
removal process. If there is expressed interest, I am also happy to follow
through on contributing the integration to the Apache Flume project.

Thank you,
Grant