I agree with Adar regarding the fix, we should avoid knowingly releasing a
version with an issue we can't fix down the road due to backwards-compatibility
issues.

I also agree with Alexey that we can revert the change introducing
live_row_count instead of waiting for the fix, at least if it takes too long. I
think we can revert the commit in branch-1.11.x only though, that way we don't
need to re-add it in master.

Either way, we'll need to cut an RC3 if we want to avoid a breaking change in
1.12, so in case KUDU-2980 and gerrit/14507 are close to be merged, we might as
well wait for them to be merged before cutting RC3.

I would let Alexey to decide which approach to take though as he's the RM.