Hey devs,

I'd like to start a discussion around package names.

Right now our packages are prefixed with "org.kududb", a domain that AFAIK
is owned by Cloudera with a plan to transfer it to the ASF. In a perfect
world they should be named "org.apache.kudu" but it's not a requirement.
Many projects like Apache Netty and Apache OpenOffice use their own package
prefixes.

The main impact of doing this is mostly on the Java side, and it can be
done without breaking existing but it would be quite a big effort. OTOH, if
the community generally agrees that it should be done, then now's a good
time since we're releasing 1.0 in a little over 2 months.

Thoughts?

J-D