I agree with Mike. In my experience Doxygen-style documentation can be
very noisy in that it forces developers to write reams upon reams of
"obvious" documentation (i.e. adding a line for a @return that is
completely self-explanatory).

I'm open to the idea of using it for public headers provided:
- It's easy to draw the line between those files and the rest of the codebase.
- We have some script to automate checking the Doxygen style on those files.

I'd also like us spend some time discussing which aspects of Doxygen
are worth implementing and which are excessive. Alexey, could you
drive this discussion? Not sure if it makes more sense to do it over a
sample patch (to e.g. client.h) or in a vacuum, whatever you think is
best.