Hey folks,

Since 0.9 was released, we've run into a couple issues that have impacted
both test clusters and a real-life cluster at JD.com:

- a bug in tcmalloc-related metrics caused writes into already-freed memory
which could cause lots of different crashes under load (
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/3445/)

- a bug in Raft which could cause a tablet to get "stuck" and cease to make
progress after a leader election (KUDU-1469, fix in review at
https://gerrit.cloudera.org/#/c/3228/ )

The first of these in particular is a regression since 0.8 and is pretty
critical (can cause crashes, incorrect data getting persisted, etc). So, I
think we should try to address these issues with a patch release (0.9.1)
ASAP.

Thoughts? Anything else that we should consider as a candidate for 0.9.1?

-Todd
--
Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera