Hi All,

I'm confused by the derived dimension. The following
two sentences are the source that I found online to guide
me use derived dimension. It's kind of unclear to me.

Dimensions on lookup table that can be derived by PK.
-like User ID derives [Name, Age, Gender]
from [1] at page 10

Given a value in DimA, the value of DimB is determined, so we say
dimB can be derived from DimA. When we build a cube that contains
both DimA and DimB, we simple include DimA, and marking DimB
as Derived.
from [2]

Let us use the sample cube "kylin_sales_cube" as the example to
discuss it. There are two derived dimensions: CAL_DT and CATEGORY.
In CAL_DT, which column derives WEEK_BEG_DT?
In CATEGORY, which column derives
"USER_DEFINED_FIELD1","USER_DEFINED_FIELD3","UPD_DATE","UPD_USER"?

Is derived dimension used only in lookup table?

[1]
http://www.slideshare.net/YangLi43/design-cube-in-apache-kylin?next_slideshow=5
[2]
https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-kylin-dev/201507.mbox/%3c82073af5-ae07-4441-bfdf-e8b9d36ff...@163.com%3E