Dear Kylin Community,
Its Kalin, I am quite excited to join and willing to contribute to Kylin
project. I work at eBay, as you all know that eBay is a big contributor and
also customer of Kylin. Recently we have some requirement to retire some old
data for customer. And now we need to do it with some manual steps. It is
better to provide this as a service with GUI.
And Kylin's strategy is to use space to trade of query time, thus Kylin cubes
consume lots of HBase space. And there are always the case that customer
doesn't need to query old data. So enable Kylin to do auto data retention is a
valuable feature. With this feature, user can define its data retention rule
when create the project. Then Kylin server will automatically purge relative
segments at certain intervals.
I opened 2 JIRA tickets for these 2 issues, would like to see your comments.
Thanks!
 KYLIN-1406Kylin Auto Data Retention
 KYLIN-1404Provide Services to purge Segments for Kylin Admin