How high is the cardinality? By saying "failed" and then have to restart,
do you mean crash? Any clue in kylin.log?

Sorry for many questions, but it's hard to help without the details. The
new 1.5.2 release will come with a diagnosis tool that can extract
necessary info into a zip, which you can share with community to diagnose.