Hi Abhilash, welcome back;

Kylin 1.5 delivers a new plugable architecture, with many enhancements
especially on performance, like fast cubing algorithm, sharded storage
engine, etc. The facts 1) to 4) are unchanged in between I think; For the
issues like memory usage, you can open JIRA to us or submit a patch if you
have solved it;

1) Using Kylin's rest API to trigger a cube rebuild/refresh when the data
is changed in Hive;
2) No change I think; JIRA is welcomed;
3) What do you mean by "reload" here? If new segment is ready and query
comes, its dim snapshots will be loaded; as the it is immutable, a
"reload"/"refresh" is not needed;
4) The cap on snapshot is still there, you can customize the max size in
kylin.properties;
5) When deploy into cluster, the query servers are identical in role, that
means all servers can server all cubes;
6) You can play the sample cube shipped with kylin binary, which is
partitioned by a date column, then you can try the incremental build
function: https://kylin.apache.org/docs15/tutorial/kylin_sample.html

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi