In Kylin 1.x as it only allow one Fact table, you have to join multiple big
tables as one before using in Cube. Of course you can do that with a Hive
view, so all joins are over fly when Kylin fetches data from Hive. The
impact is, when query Kylin you need to use the name of the joined table,
instead of original fact table name.

>From Kylin 2.x, it supports multiple Fact tables in one Cube; You don't
need create additional view or flat table, just use the original names.

--
Best regards,

Shaofeng Shi 史少锋