Thanks Shao for some pointers. I would like some more advice on how I can
replace maprdb as datasource.

Currently, you can  create cubes on maprdb using hbase-storage module as
maprdb does support hbase client/admin APIs. Only problem is while querying
it throws an error due to Lack of support of Co-processor.

My initial goal is to get past coprocessor error and return query result.
Then find a better way to implement that strategy - may be a separate
maprdb-storage module. Then look into how to improve performance without
coprocessors. Any advice on these approaches ?

Thanks,
Nirav