I have to say currently Kylin is focused on OLAP solutions, without very
few use cases in data science or AI.
And it requires a good understanding of Hadoop/Spark if you want to
optimize query performance.

For your question, I found a video of a Kylin Meetup in Shanghai(using
English). The speaker is from eBay,
the creator of the Kylin project, I think she has a better understanding
than me.

The second section of the video summarized the use case of Kylin in eBay,
starting at 09:48 .
This video also introduces the history of the Kylin project.

Here is the link:

https://www.bilibili.com/video/BV17h41127bV/?spm_id_from=333.337.search-card.all.click&vd_source=233a70cff82cc278ec07b1660fdbc7d2

With warm regard
Xiaoxiang Yu