Hi Hristo
pls see my reply below

thx
Peter

Hristo Simeonov Hristov ha scritto:
> On Thursday 03 March 2005 19:35, Peter Nugent wrote:
>
>>Hi Hristo,
>>I am finally addressing this issue in CLDR and I have a question
>>regarding the abbreviated day and month names you provide :
>>
>>Is there a difference in the abbreviated day and month names when use.
>>
>>"stand-alone" as opposed to "embedded" in a string ? Normally this is
>>the case for slavic languages.
>
> I cannot understand this. Can you provide me some example in English?

sure : if we take the example of the abbreviated form of the 3rd month
of the year

"stand-alone" name : "Mar" written on top of a calendar

"embedded" name : "Fri the 4th of Mar 2005"

in most languages "Mar" is the same in both the "nominative"
(stand-alone) and  "genitive" (embedded)  cases but in Russian for
example (according to CLDR) :

stand-alone "Mar" = "март"
embedded "Mar" = "марта"

other slavic languages are similar.
So i was wondering if your date is "stand-alone" or "embedded" or is
there a distinction in Bulgarian ?

--
Peter Nugent,
Software Engineer,