Hello Tonu,

I am not quite sure whether you are referring to OpenOffice.org in
general, or OpenOffice.org Base in particular. This mail here is only
about the latter, more precise about the HSQLDB database integration in
OpenOffice.org Base.

>>>[T.S]With the introduction of the stand-alone database in OO2.0 there is a
>>>need for a data sorting mechanism that takes into account the
>>>idiosyncrasies of the individual languages' alphabetical ordering.

The first implementations for this have recently been implemented, and
should be available in recent snapshot builds.

We are currently lacking some "real world" sample data for various
languages, see
http://dba.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=users&msgId=1900641. So
if you could provide such data for your language, that would be great -
see the link for details how to send it.

>>>[T.S]I am using the Estonian version of OO 1.1.4 which does not take this
>>>into account. A friend of mine downloaded the Beta of OO2.0 and did a
>>>simple sort of the Estonian alphabet and found that there is also that
>>>deficiency. Also suggest that a "sort estonian" module be added, as
>>>well a similar modules that takes into account the requirements other
>>>languages' needs in their respective versions of OO2.0.

Estonian should now be supported by OOo Base (more precise: by HSQLDB
used in Base), so you might want to download the latest developer
snapshot, create a database with some Estonian texts, and give it a try
to sort it. I'd be interested in the results :)

Ciao
Frank

--
- Frank SchÃnheit, Software Engineer         [EMAIL PROTECTED] -
- Sun Microsystems, Inc.                http://www.sun.com/staroffice -