Hello all,

Another first for OpenOffice.org. Following  the Tamil Software
launch, the team involved in production of the CD (me included) met
the Hon. President Dr. A P J Abdulkalam yesterday.

The team included

1) Mr. Maran Hon. Minister of IT
2) Mr Brajesh Kumar Hon. Secretary of IT
3) Mr. R Chandrashekhar Joint Secretary
4) Mr. Ramakrishnan Director General CDAC
5) Mr. Mahesh Kulkarni Coordinator GIST CDAC Pune
5) Me ( RKVS Raman)

I had an opportunity to demonstrate various features on OpenOffice.org to him.

Dr. Kalam is a very staunch promoter of Open Source and Linux.  He
said that OpenOffice and Linux based products should be used more even
from  point of view of security.

We were not allowed to take photos at President's office but their
official photographer did take some photos. I will send across once I
get them.

So cheers !!!

Best Regards
-Raman