From: Vladimir Stefanov <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
   Date: Fri, 23 Dec 2005 15:03:32 +0100

Hi,

   > Can you please in the future stop making such an announcements in the
   > last minute?! Please give us at least 1 month period to the deadline
   > for translation. Now everybody is on holidays and it will be very hard
   > to provide many translated strings.

no, it is pretty easy if you use optimal processes. The minor milestones do
not bring so many new strings. It is often less than one hour of work to
update.

What method do you use to update your translations between milestones? Do
you update between milestones at all? E.g. Czech and Estonian team do
update. I uploaded POT files for m147 today:

Dec 23 18:57 OpenOffice.org-SRC680_m147-POT.tar.gz

announced it at 19:21 my time and after an hour later:

Dec 23 20:31:06 <ain>   paveljanik: I uploaded my sdf

So the update could be done in ~2 hours of complete time (I think the real
work is ~10-15 minutes).

Remember that Vladimir G. is talking about strings merged into the
OpenOffice.org CVS. But as you are using my build system, you can continue
to work the current way. But please do not forget to file an issue for
Vladimir in time to get the snapshot of your ongoing work into
OpenOffice.org CVS.

For the future, we plan to make this system even easier and faster to
minimize the time needed to get GSI files merged into the source.
--
Pavel Janík

Make input easy to proofread.
                  -- The Elements of Programming Style (Kernighan & Plaugher)