Thanks for your reply, Eike. :)

On 08/12/2006, at 2:52 AM, Eike Rathke wrote:

[... genitive date forms (posessive context) ...]
Does strftime handle this issue?

AFAIK no implementation of strftime() does.

if not, it would be worth-while
passing the information on to that project as well, since it is so
widely-used for time/date formatting. If you supply the specific info
for Slavic languages, I'll chase up strftime if you like. :)

Note that, depending on platform and environment, strftime() may
implement an ISO C9x standard and may follow a POSIX (.1 or .2)
standard, plus some extensions on selected platforms. It might be a bit
problematic to "chase up _the_ strftime project" ;-)

Yes, it's not one thing in one place. But it's still quite possible to feed progress on strftime. ;)

For OOo I don't care, we don't use strftime for display formatting
purposes.

I think it's important to see outside OOo as well. strftime is widely used in other software, so if we create resources here that it can use, I for one am willing to try and pass them on. Inter-project cooperation can be very fruitful. :)