On 18 janv. 07, at 03:40, Marcin Miłkowski wrote:

Andras Timar napisał(a):

This is what happened with this OOo 2.2 update in case of some Sun
languages (e.g. i73150). Translators who use OLT should share their
experiences in this list. The main question is how good the OLT is at
ignoring tag changes. Does it offer good matches from the mini TM in
case of tag changes?

Yes, it does, but Transolution (a Python XLIFF translation memory tool) was even nicer as it allowed many ways to visualize tags on the screen (so that the view is not cluttered).

You could try MemoQ (freeware and Hungarian, made by engineers from Morfologic, which is a great recommendation to me), and Across (from Nero). They are closed source but still free to use (MemoQ is even Linux-compatible, I guess).

And there's OmegaT - tag handling is probably better now than before.

It depends on what you mean by "before".

The main improvement is that OmegaT TMX files now respect tags and encapsulate them in the proper XML code. We have tested import of OmegaT's TMX into SDLX or Trados etc and the results were quite positive.

Besides for that OmegaT does not use penalties for different tags in match and source, so in a way it is nicer on the user. Plus it is slightly more intuitive and faster than OLT (that I use also sometimes).

But since OmegaT is not a XLIFF editor, it requires to work on the source file directly, and thus to have the source file format supported (PO is one of the supported formats).

I like OLT as I was able to do some translation jobs that would require the notorious TagEditor from Trados, yet it is very slowly developing as the main developer from Sun, Tim Foster, is not working on that anymore. I could try to implement new features but... It's not high on my to-do list.

Jean-Christophe Helary