Rafaella Braconi wrote:
Thanks to khirano now the log is complete. I've updated the document with the missing part provided by khirano and updated the link to the log: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/mwiki/images/c/cc/IRC_Log_Translation_2007_02_15.odt

Regards,
rafaella

Hi everyone,

Sorry we couldn't be at the meeting, two of our team members from Cambodia came to visit us in South Africa and we had a week long development sprint/social gathering near the Kruger National Park.

A few comments on some of the issues raised in the meeting:

21:14 <damiend> Pootle is already on the machine in question. Does anyone
happen to know whether there was a new release of it this week?
21:14 <damiend> I know Friedel mentioned there might be in the last meeting...
21:15 <Aiet_K> I don't think there has bee a major release

No, there hasn't been a release yet, but I know Friedel is working on it. Version 0.11 should be released real-soon-now.
I'm guessing it will happen during next week.

21:37 <Aiet_K> Rail:I see. The most CPU consuming I guess is the merging and
generation of pootle statistics
21:37 <damiend> I think so.
21:37 <Aiet_K> A possible solution could be using a database server for
generating Pootle statistics and storing translations
21:38 <Aiet_K> But right now pootle is written to work with flat PO or XLIFF
files
21:38 <damiend> Yes - this is an option we need to discuss with the Wordforge
folks - integraiton with a database.

During the past week we've been working on improving the statistics infrastructure and looking at some database integration options within the translate toolkit. This is still very experimental however, it definitely won't make it into the 0.11 release.

21:39 <damiend> Does Pootle support XLIFF at the backend? I know it can serve
XLIFF and people can commit back XLIFF but I think all storage has to be PO right?

Pootle does indeed support XLIFF. In trunk.
We have done a lot of XLIFF work in the toolkit and in Pootle, so in future a project could be completely XLIFF based.
The 0.11 release however will not be done from trunk.

21:41 <damiend> It brings up an interesting limitation...
21:41 <damiend> What if you cannot knock your file format for translation into
PO? e.g a HTML file

The toolkit has some tools and libraries for converting various file formats into po and back, including html2po and po2html. html2po has recently had some nice improvements, but it still can benefit from some more TLC.
That being said, I think it is quite usable.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Andreas

--