Hi Ankit,

sorry for the delayed answer...

Ankit Patel wrote:

Hi,

I am planning to complete Gujarati (gu-IN) translation for next Openoffice.org
release 2.3. I have already worked for OO.org past releases, but now i am not
sure on following things:
1. From where can i get the latest POT files for translation?
ftp://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/ OR
http://ftp-1.gwdg.de/pub/openoffice/localized/

you can find the latest pot files at: http://ftp.linux.cz/pub/localization/OpenOffice.org/devel/POT/

2. After i complete translation of all POT files & convert it back to .sdf or .gsi
& file an issue & issue gets resolved, where exactly i can find my localized build?

if you return translated files which cover 80% of the GUI translation, we create language packs for your language as well. Translation delivery deadline for the current 2.3 release is July 26th. l10n CWS builds will be available on August 2nd: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/OOoRelease23. On that CWS build/language you'll be able to perform l10n testing and check if there are any major issues or show stoppers that need to be fixed.

3. Any plans to setup CVS for translations or sourcecode? If it's already
there, where is it?

4. Any plans to setup an automated status page for translations? Actually, i
had already developed such tool long back, plz see:
http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@l10n.openoffice.org/msg01974.html

The current plan is to start using a centralized Pootle server. For this release (2.3) there are currently 3 teams on board. After this initial phase we will be uploading other languages to the Pootle server hosted at the sunvirtuallab. For more details, please some inforamtion at: http://wiki.services.openoffice.org/wiki/New_Translation_Process_%28Pootle_server%29

Kind Regards,
Rafaella

If i can get an answer of at least initial two questions, it would be great.

Thanks!
Ankit Patel
(www.indianoss.org)
(gu.openoffice.org)