Op Saterdag 2008-01-26 skryf Ain Vagula:
> I'm using Pavel's framework and decided to upgrade my translation-tools to
> version 1.1.0. Migration was successful, first I backed up all I had...
> then:
>
> oo2po --duplicates=msgid_comment -l et /home/ain/ooocvs/et/GSI_et.sdf
> /home/ain/ooocvs/et/po/
>
> to recreate my po files again from saved Estonian sdf-file and
>
> oo2po -P --duplicates=msgid_comment -i /home/ain/ooocvs/et/en-US.sdf -o
> /home/ain/ooocvs/et/pot/
>
> to recreate pot files
> Then I did ./pot2po.
>
> But running po2oo wasnt so good after, first warnings about missing
> python-lxml, ok, installed this (wasnt needed before), then ran gsicheck and
> had six errors. Blah. These were my very own errors - whitespaces in tags.
> Thats good that toolkit cannot handle such things - in opposite case they
> remain hidden.
> Fixed faulty strings in po-files, again po2oo, check, all OK.
>
> ain
>
> (Pavel said he'll migrate after 2.4 is released, so I have in next months to
> create pot-files myself for my team, but anyways good to know, that it
> works. And help strings without ///./// mess look much better for
> translator.)

Hallo Ain, and thank you for the feedback.

I just realised I haven't announced the release of the toolkit on this
list as well. There are several changes in this version of the toolkit,
like oo2xliff and xliff2oo, faster XML file access, better quality
checks, unicode normalisation for pogrep, faster pocount, and posegment
which can be useful for increasing the usefulness of a TM. More
information here:
http://sourceforge.net/project/shownotes.php?release_id=570494&group_id=91920

For the benefit of others, the upgrade procedure for OOo translations is
described here:

http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/important_changes#oo2po_help_helpcontent2_escaping_fixed

Only helpcontent2 needs to follow this specific upgrade procedure, of
course, since there is no format change for the GUI translations. (Doing
all translations is of course also fine.)

People might also need to take note of changes in the defaults of the
option --duplicates (depending on which version they were using
previously). This option is documented here:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/toolkit/duplicates_duplicatestyle

By the way, python-lxml should only be necessary if you are processing
XML files. I tried to make the toolkit as useful as possible for PO-only
work if python-lxml is not installed.

For people wanting to upgrade with pot2po, please note that the
python-Levenshtein package seemed to have disappeared from the net, and
it is now also available for download at our SourceForge project:
It really helps to speed up fuzzy matching in pot2po.

Please report any issues to our mailing list or bugzilla. Some contact
information is mentioned here:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/developers/reporting_bugs

Keep well
Friedel