The Italian team l10n leader asked me a number of questions offlist regarding the workflow, I replied with the French and Japanese groups in Cc since those are the groups I participate to.

The mail is here:
http://ja.openoffice.org/servlets/ReadMsg?list=translate&msgNo=3419

Also, the OmegaT Project has just released a test version of OmegaT 1.8 that comes with spellchecking and a number of other important new features. It is called "test" because the manual is not up to date and because there are a few areas that need some ironing out but I've been using it since its first branching in CVS and I've had no data loss problem at all.

I wrote something about the whole thing here:
http://mac4translators.blogspot.com/2008/03/omegat-173-18-19.html

1.8 is a major improvement because it at last comes with spellchecking (hunspell, with the dictionaries that OOo uses). I encourage all the teams that use OmegaT to work with the test version.

Jean-Christophe Helary