Pavel Janík wrote:

On 17.3.2008, at 11:16, sophie wrote:

Hi Rail,
Rail Aliev wrote:
On Monday 17 March 2008 11:44:54 Frank Mau wrote:
AFAIK know
basic/source/app needs no translation
readlicense_oo needs translation only for French
Frank,
Can you describe the reason?

Because a product can't be distributed in France if its documentation is not translated in French. I don't have the law article at hand, but without this translation, OOo can be rejected during a bid invitation for example. However, I don't know if it's France specific.

Sophie? So you think this is the reason why Frank effectively told "no need to translate README files AT ALL, only for French"?

No that was the explanation for French, not for not translating the readme files.

I think this is not the reason and if it is, it is very stupid ;-)

May be Franck said that there is no legal obligation other than in France, but yes [even if nobody read README file and it should be renamed READMENOT imho ;-)] it contains very important information and must be translated, of course.

Kind regards
Sophie