Hi,

The title says it all, I wouldn't usually do such cross posting but
since OpenOffice.org has made use of the Toolkit for a long time and now
uses Pootle there might be coders here who wish to put their effort into
helping with localisation tools.

The Google Summer of Code is really an opportunity for us to take the
Translate Toolkit and Pootle to a new level.  Allowing much more
functionality and really benefiting the localisation community.

Our ideas list is here:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/developers/gsoc2008_ideas

The Translate Toolkit is starting to be seen by other developers as a
library for localisation, the potential long term benefits for
localisation tooling gets very exciting.

So please explore the ideas page and visit us on #pootle where you can
ask questions.  If your idea is more focused on the Toolkit and
OpenOffice.org needs I'd be happy to explore it with you, we already
have had some enquiries from OLPC Pootle users to tackle a number of
usability issues in Pootle.

Remember you have till 31 March to apply as a student.  Hope you can
join us.

--
Dwayne Bailey
Translate.org.za