Congratulations Clytie and the rest of the team !

Javier

Clytie Siddall wrote
Hi everyone :)

I am in the mood for a little bragging. I hope you don't mind.

The Vietnamese team has (finally) finished the entire Help translation!

We are now 100% for both Interface and Help.

It's been a huge effort, and at times I thought we'd never get there. Lavish thanks and appreciation to the brave first-time translators who each took on some of those complex strings:

Nguyễn Định Trung
Đỗ Thị Hảo
Ngô Huy Hoàng
Nguyễn Công Ngọc Sơn
Nguyễn Thị Thanh Nhàn
Nguyễn Thùy Trang
Nguyễn Văn Bách
Phan Trọng Khanh

and especially to Trung [1], who talked the rest into it. ;)

So, to anyone who is still struggling away at that huge and frankly confusing corpus: it can be done. Even if you're critically short of person-power and experience. Just keep at it. If we can do it, you can do it.

There were so many times when I blinked out of tired, bleary eyes at all the strings left to translate, at the sheer amount of work left to do, and wondered why on earth I was putting my personal time into what seemed at the time like a thankless and certainly tedious task. But it all feels worth it now. It certainly does! :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n

[1] Vietnamese names, like many Asian names, are written Surname-Middle-Call_name.