On 31/05/2008, at 6:36 PM, Ain Vagula wrote:

On Sat, May 31, 2008 at 11:25 AM, Clytie Siddall
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi everyone :)

I'm a little confused about codelines. Thanks to Pavel's excellent
presentation [1], I do understand that we branch the main codeline for releases (and branch it even more for child workspaces), but I don't know if
the main codeline also includes the newer features and translations.

For example, we have been testing the DEV300 codeline, which will eventually
become the OpenOffice.org 3.0 release. The BEA300 codeline so far has
contained the 3.0 Beta m1 and m2 builds.

But the OOH680 main codeline, which continues to develop, does it also include all the new code and updated translation of OpenOffice.org 3.0? Is
it, in fact, the ongoing development codeline?

This is 2.4 branch for 2.4.1 and there is nothing for 3.0

I then asked if that meant the OOH680 codeline was only for 2.4.

Then I saw this on the Releases list:

Hello QA team,

OpenOffice.org 2.4.1 Release Candidate 2 (build OOH680_m17) which installs as OpenOffice.org 2.4 has been uploaded to the mirror network.

so Ain does mean that the OOH680 codeline is just the branch for 2.4. So we need to stick to the DEV300 branch to test OpenOffice.org 3.0.

Thankyou for explaining, Ain. I'm glad all this makes sense to someone: I'm just paddling with the tide. ;)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team
http://vnoss.net/dokuwiki/doku.php?id=projects:l10n