Hi,

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
> Datum: Thu, 19 Jun 2008 10:15:40 -0300
> Von: Olivier Hallot <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> An: dev@l10n.openoffice.org
> Betreff: Re: [l10n-dev] splitting huge help files

> Besides the fact that one get tired and is more subject to errors or
> lack of attention. If I may suggest, I think that +/- 300 strings should
> be a comofortable size, and if we can implement the split by context it
> will be even better.

I think, this is the more important thing: split (or athoer way round: join)
translation files by context.

You are correct, that it is booring to translate files with thousands of
strings, not coming to an end. But at the moment we had mor problems to give
translators work from one context.
E.g. I was trying to give away the translation for the Calc solver.
Unfortunately the (UI) strings are in about 3 .po-files .. and there are
strings in these files that do to rely to solver at all.
so what we did was that on "solver expert" prepared the translation in a wiki
(using the solver spec) and i put them into the po-files. Reason for this was
that our "solver expert" was not used to translation and it was to time
consuming for him to locate the solver stringfs in the po files.

Ok .. this is mainly caused by the way how OOo projects splits the po files -
but if someone knows a solution, this would be of great help. :)

André