On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 8:56 AM, Clytie Siddall <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Hi everyone :)
>
> I have sort of solved the problem of why the sheet tabs weren't localized in
> my spreadsheet.
>
> It looks like somehow, files from previous versions of OpenOffice.org retain
> some properties of those versions.
>
> In DEV300_m17 (Mac OSX Intel), I have two spreadsheets open:
>
> 1. spreadsheet I created in an older version: the sheet tabs _are not_
> localized
>
> 2. spreadsheet I created in this version: the sheet tabs _are_ localized.
>
> While this is reassuring for our 3.0 release, I find it rather puzzling. I'm
> also concerned that users who have created files in previous versions may
> encounter this problem. It may even affect other aspects of the files.
>
> Does anyone here understand why this would happen? :o

I think sheet names are saved as they are created. Sheet name string
gives sheet a name in _moment of creation_ of new empty document and
so the names are saved. It's quite logical, that existing sheet names
will not change when changing UI language, because you can have
formulas or references containing sheet names. This string (translated
or not) affects only new spreadsheets, created by current version.

ain