Hi,

> If we do this change, will both sets of styles be visible if you would
> open an old document? (created with the old names)?

In general, there would be no problem, but I cannot guarantee it.

Predefined styles are treated in a somewhat special way. In your case,
"Överskrift 1" has been written in an internal file styles.xml of an
ODF file.

After changing the translation "Överskrift 1" to "Rubrik 1," the line
file will be displayed using the new translation "Rubrik 1."

The following situation might help you understand that behavior.

You write a text document using a style name "Överskrift 1" with Swedish
Writer, then send it to your friend in Germany. He uses German Writer.

Question 1: Can your friend open the document without any problem?
Answer   1: Yes, he can.

Question 2: What will your friend find a name of the style in his Writer?
Answer 2  : He will find a name "Überschrift 1" for the style.

That is why OpenDocument file format uses language neutral style names -
in this example "Heading 1" is used - for the predefined styles.

Regards,
Tora

Per Eriksson wrote:
Hello,

The Swedish native lang group is concidering changing the name for the Headline styles to a new name.

Instead of
  Överskrift 1 - 10

we are concidering:
  Rubrik 1 - 10

If we do this change, will both sets of styles be visible if you would open an old document? (created with the old names)?

Thanks a lot,
Per